Friday, July 1, 2011

Just in time for the 4th of July!!!

Today I will not be talking about Cancer or complaining about my family. I want to share with you something that brought tears to my eyes and a smile on my face.

                                 
(A homecoming months in the making)

This is my cousin Tiffany...(well technically my cousin's daughter). I have not seen her in years. Been a very long time since we played together at Granny's. I have been reunited with alot of my cousins on facebook, thankfully. Anyway back to Tiffany..She is a military wife. A loving mother of 3 gorgeous children. One of the bravest women I have known. She spends day after day...month after month raising her children alone. Because her husband chose not only to protect his family, but to protect every family in this country. For that I am very grateful. I hate that Tiffany and her children have to spend so much time away from the soldier that has put his life on the line for all of us. I think about alot of things since I have gotten sick. I wonder how scared she must be at times. How many times she has cried. How much she has had to endure on her own. ALL THIS FOR OUR FREEDOM!!! I'm sure alot of people forget about the part of the family that is left at home. To hope and pray that their loved ones make it home. So when I saw the picture posted above. I pictured Tiffany running into the arms of the bravest man she knows. I would have posted other pictures but she hasn't been able to post any yet. Plus I never ask permission to use this one. It just touched me so much I was sure she would understand. .....So in closing...Tiffy I love you...and tell your husband whom I have never met...THANK YOU!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Now you have me crying all over again!
    I just posted about the same thing on my church web site! Thank you for seeing what she has gone through without him and Praise GOD he is home - until next time!

    Love ou very much! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle thanks for writing and sharing your thoughts! Very thankful Will is back with his family xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this!! Thank you for thinking of us. It's tough, but it's what we choose so that our babies can be taken care of. It only makes us stronger! And we have you in our prayers every, single day. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete